From Stephen and Alex Kendrick
A LIFE-CHANGING YEAR FOR COUPLES
'THE LOVE DARE DAY BY DAY'
A yearlong journey helping couples transform and deepen their marriages, The Love Dare Day by Day, releases in padded hardback . From groundbreaking filmmakers and best-selling authors Stephen and Alex Kendrick, the new release of The Love Dare Day by Day from B&H Publishing Group also links readers to a free online marriage evaluation resource.
“You’re about to learn more about yourself and your marriage—some of it encouraging, some convicting,” Alex Kendrick tells readers. “In either case, you gain a new view of where you are with your marriage and with God.”
The Love Dare Day by Day—A Year of Devotion for Couples joins the international phenomenon of The Love Dare, with nearly 6 million copies sold. (See Lovell-Fairchild.com for The Love Dare’s remarkable history.) In The Love Dare Day by Day, 52 biblically based “dares”—one each week—challenge married partners to unconditional love. Daily devotions amplify each dare’s scriptural base.
“Our marriages reveal our need to grow and deal with our own issues and selfishness,” Stephen Kendrick said. “But if we are teachable, we can learn the single most important lesson in life—to love. One powerful union, our marriage, invites us to learn to love another imperfect person unconditionally. It’s wonderful, it’s difficult and it’s life-changing.”
The Love Dare Day by Day features:
- 365 readings on aspects of genuine love
- 52 weekly dares to help readers better live out their love in marriage
- Dozens of prayers spouses can pray for themselves and their partners
- Questions to spur creative thinking about your marriage
- More than 100 “Go Deeper” sections for personal Bible study on marriage and love
- A link to a free online marriage evaluation resource
The Love Dare Day by Day is for one or both spouses. Each week’s “dare” ranges from focused prayer to specific ways spouses can build each other up. A few examples:
- “Begin praying this week: ‘Lord, teach me what real love is and make me a loving person.’”
- “Make a list of positive attributes about your spouse, then choose one each day and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.”
- “Ask your spouse if you can begin praying together. Use this time to commit your concerns, disagreements and needs before the Lord. Don’t forget to thank Him for His provisions and blessings.”
Brothers, pastors, filmmakers and authors, Alex and Stephen Kendrick co-wrote the international bestsellers The Love Dare, The Love Dare for Parents and The Resolution for Men. They are among the co-founders of Sherwood Pictures and worked together to write and produce the hit Christian films FLYWHEEL, FACING THE GIANTS, FIREPROOF and COURAGEOUS. Kendrick Brothers Productions is expanding their movie productions with renewed focus on encouraging and equipping the next generation of Christian filmmakers (kendrickbrothers.com). Alex and Stephen continue to serve on the pastoral staff of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga.